Over all I think that my year went well and probably a bit better then most of the previous years. Except for grade 5 I am happy about most of my marks this year. The only thing that I needed to work on was my math. I could've worked on studying more for different things like for my math test, S.E.L (Self regulation project) and well that's about it. I just need to learn to study more and work on a project when it's a PROJECT!! I always seem to need more time for them.
2) What was something that was very memorable?
Something that was very memorable in grade 6 was how I did the science project. I totally impressed myself on that! It was full of tons of information facts and style! It looked good and I felt good. All the facts where in place. I studied hard and got an awesome mark! I think there where 2 rubrics and all of my marks where 4's and only one of them was a 3! So I ended up getting I think 12/12! That one for sure! This one though I can't quite remember I think that it was 47/48 I think. But then again that could be my speech fest mark!
3) Looking back on your reading comprehension the year, What was one thing you were really proud of (think back to our literature circles or novels that we read together)
My literature group that I had was OKAY.... I usually like to read on my own but ya know. A literature circle is about reading with others sharing your thoughts on the book and teaching yourself to read out loud. My literature circle...time... was not the best for me. I'm not used to reading out loud so I have a lot more pausing and stuttering. I'm much more used to reading in my head and focusing on the book. Rather than stopping at every chapter and then talking about everything we learned heard and saw (in our heads) and the feelings about it. I know that reading is one of the best things for you but I don't really like it. I always have to force it and that's good. But I need to force it more often. It's good that we have literature circles and I think that we should continue it. But my marks on this sort of unit I guess..... needs to be worked on. My marks were not as good as I wanted them to be. I think they could be better. I got like only 2's and 3's maybe like a few 4's. Not good. Next year things are going to be different!
4) what was one thing that you struggled with in terms of reading and that you think you should continue working on?
Like I said I'm not a big fan of reading. Yes yes I know that it's bad but it's true. I just can't seem to find a perfect book. What I need to do is get myself interested to read. Plus I need to work on reading fluently and not pause after every 3 sentences. I just need to work on reading more than anything else.
5) what writing piece were you most proud of (personal, story or persuasive). What about it made you proud?
well my writing piece that I was most proud of was my speech of which I did in speech fest! I wrote it carefully and I'll admit it wasn't my BESTEST work. I think I got in because I was cheerful when I delivered the entire speech. I got 47/48, I was sooooo happy when I saw that rubric! I love writing my own piece it's usually the only thing I like that has to do with reading out loud! Because I know everything about the speech or my writing/story.
6) What was one thing that you still need to work on throughout all of your writing? How do you know you need to work on this?
For my writing I think that I could really use some lessons on punctuation. I never know when there's going to be a comma or even sometimes... SOMETIMES an apostrophe you know one of these ' above the s. Like this 's. Ya I know it's a bit weird but I'm not very good when it comes to ''grammers.'' See what I did there! But yes my writing usually lacks commas and SOMETIMES apostrophe's. Yes Grammer is something that I need to work on!
7) We have talked a lot about communication skills (how you communicate with your peers and your teacher in small or large groups) What is one thing that you do well in in terms of communication and one thing that you think that you should keep working on.
In terms of communication I think I did okay this year. Except for sometimes I get too shy when it comes to talking to people about anything. Like last year it was worse but the other years were not bad so I slightly improved on that. When it comes to working with other people I can't. I gather up my thoughts but then I'm...... Interrupted, distracted, I get annoyed, I can't I can't think and I even lose track of what's going on. I don't really like being with other people. ESPECIALLY for projects.
8) Do you think that you do a good job of asking for help when you need it? How do you know you are good at asking for help or not?
Honestly. When I ask for help it's only when I actually go to the teacher. That's how I ask my questions. I actually go to the teacher instead of asking in front of the class. I guess I just get like scared or something because I don't want anyone to think that I really don't know anything. But then again all that is just in my head some people don't even care. Unless their purposely trying to make you feel bad.
9) In math, we learned a lot of things this year. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at it?
well. Math in grade 6 was pretty good. Except when I got to that unit mean mode median and range. I did horrible on the test. It's not that I don't get the concept. It's the actual equations and the strategies or the formula to get the answer is what messes me up. I just don't understand how so many of the questions mess up my thinking so much. I got a bit better at it when my dad talked to me about it. Because he goes over why how and he does it carefully. Plus I ask him A LOT of questions. But when a teacher explains it to me it usually goes through one year and out the other. Plus I need to be learning it by actually learning how to do the equation. With the pencil in my hand and actually doing it.
10) What was one thing you were really proud of in math this year-something you think you did really well or a challenge you over came?
Something that I came over was not being out going enough. I was never out going or bubbly or even liked more with thousands and thousands of friends. The only time that I ever did have that was when I was like in 1st grade or even kindergarten. Not cool. I got a little bit more friends this year more than normal. Which was pretty much the only goal for this year that I REALLY BADLY wanted to accomplish. So I partly accomplished that goal.
11) We spent a lot of time learning about what Social Emotional Learning is about. How do you self regulate? How do you promote social emotional learning around you? (Think of your morning Zones of regulation)
This topic. On social emotional learning. In the beginning of the year I thought that honestly it was cheesy. I know that it's bad but I seriously thought that it was cheesy. I liked the part where we talked about our limbic systems but then the self regulation was a bit boring. Now... social emotional learning is about being sensitive to others feelings and caring for others not just at school but also at home and at other places every where.
12) How did you like project based learning? What was your strengths?What could you work on in the future?
For project based learning like I said I don't really like doing projects very much. Because I'm always on a time limit. It is never fair to me I'd rather read an entire chapter book to an audience. I can't stand projects at all their so annoying. I wish we never needed them in school.
13) You experienced different types of innovative learning within the classroom such as classroom blogs, coding, choice, passion projects etc. How did this best support your learning? What did you like about it?
To be honest this whole computer thing is not my thing I hate being no the computers soooo much. Computers where always around me and I was never a fan of that. It's really annoying cause I can't type fast which only makes thins worse. I hate computers.
14) Every day you have never sat in the same spot, you had a different seat to start your morning. How did this benefit your learning? What did you like about it?
When it comes to sitting with other people I really don't care. I try to make friends and I can't I try to be different no. I can't. Sitting with other people did not help me what so ever. Some days it made it worse while other days EVEN worse. To the point where I DON'T CARE.
15) What did you learn about in aboriginal education this year?
Well this year I learned about how aboriginal's where educated. You'd think that they had a fun time and it was easy to get along and learn. Well no not at all. There were evil nouns of which would whip the kids and many kids died in this living there all year round school. We learned that and more in the book my name is Seepeetza. We also learned about some of the traditions that aboriginal's did in that book. We learned about circles and how they were good for sharing their feelings during that circle time. Many aboriginal's did that so we did too!
My goals over the summer are....
To catch up on my sleeping and to read at least 2 times a week. I really don't like reading so I'm not sure how that's going to go.
My goals for grade 7 for numeracy are...
To understand everything that the teacher would talk about. Some of the math would confuse me and so it was hard to understand me at times
My goals for grade 7 literacy are...
To get better than I am now because guess what. My marks on reading is no good. I want to stop stuttering and just read fluently that's all.
My overall goals for grade 7 are...
I want to make a good first impression on the next year and on the teacher. I hope my last year will be well!